AFCAT 2014 syllabus: AFCAT exam will conduct on 23-2-2014,candidates must know the exam syllabus and pattern before appear the exam.Examination pattern consists of total 100 questions. Each question carries 3 marks .For every correct answer candidate will get 3 marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. Duration of the test will be 120 minutes.
Each question paper will have questions from the following topics.
1. General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment,Civics, Basic Science, Defense, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
2. Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection,Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
3 .Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
4 .Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Section wise full syllabus for AFCAT 2014 Exam :
• Basic Science
• Current Affairs
Verbal Ability in English:-
• Error Detection
• Sentence Completion
• Testing of Vocabulary
• Decimal Fraction
• Profit & loss
• Ratio & Proportion
• Simple interest
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:-
• Verbal Skills
• Spatial Ability
Best books to prepare for AFCAT 2014 exam :
There are plenty of best books available in the market for AFCAT exam 2014.Buy online at flpkart or download free sample question papers at Indian air force official website.
Books to refer for AFCAT preparation:-
• How to Prepare for AFCAT by Chandresh
• A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
• Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
Apply online on website: http://www.careerairforce.nic.in from 14th December 2013 to 12th January 2014.
AFCAT 2014 Examination date: 23rd February 2014 (Sunday).